Trent Rixon was a striker who spent two seasons at South Melbourne Hellas.
A prolific scorer for Northcote City during successive promotions, and the Victorian Premier League's leading scorer in 2010, the signing of Rixon for South in 2012 was meant to be a signal of intent to its supporters and the rest of the competition.
Rixon's second eason at South looked set to be a repeat of his first, with injury again curtailing his output. But the arrival of coach Chris Taylor seemed to spark something in Rixon, who scored all of his ten goals for 2013 after Taylor's arrival.
Nevertheless, Rixon's time at South was up, and he was released at the end of the season.
Arrrived from: Northcote City
Departed to: Northcote City
- Club leading scorer 2013 (10 goals)
- ↑ https://www.smfc.com.au/trent-rixon-signs-for-south/
- ↑ https://www.smfc.com.au/ffv-tribunal-update/
- ↑ Rixon was involved in a violent behind the scenes incident with Richmond's Tom Milardovic, which saw the latter end up with a broken jaw. Rixon was initially suspended for 12 games, but this was reduced to 6 games on appeal.
- ↑ https://www.smfc.com.au/rixon-recchia-kearney-depart/